Giorgos Katsambekis is a lecturer in European and International Politics at Loughborough University. He has previously worked as a postdoctoral researcher and lecturer at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and remains an active member of the POPULISMUS research team (www.populismus.gr). He is the co-editor of the volumes Radical Democracy and Collective Movements Today (Ashgate, 2014) and The Populist Radical Left in Europe (Routledge, forthcoming), while his recent work has appeared in The Political Quarterly, Constellations, Javnost–The Public, Contemporary Political Theory, Critical Discourse Studies and The Journal of Political Ideologies.
- Stavrakakis, Y and Katsambekis, G (2018) The populism/anti-populism frontier and its mediation in crisis-ridden Greece: from discursive divide to emerging cleavage?, European Political Science, pp.1-16, ISSN: 1680-4333. DOI: 10.1057/s41304-017-0138-3.
- Stavrakakis, Y, Andreadis, I, Katsambekis, G (2017) A new populism index at work: identifying populist candidates and parties in the contemporary Greek context, European Politics and Society, 18(4), pp.446-464, ISSN: 2374-5118. DOI: 10.1080/23745118.2016.1261434.
- Stavrakakis, Y, Katsambekis, G, Nikisianis, N, Kioupkiolis, A, Siomos, T (2017) Extreme right-wing populism in Europe: revisiting a reified association, Critical Discourse Studies, 14(4), pp.420-439, ISSN: 1740-5904. Full text: http://www.tandfonline.com/. DOI: 10.1080/17405904.2017.1309325.
- Stavrakakis, Y, Katsambekis, G, Kioupkiolis, A, Nikisianis, N, Siomos, T (Accepted for publication) Populism, anti-populism and crisis, Contemporary Political Theory, pp.1-24, ISSN: 1470-8914. Full text: https://www.palgrave.com/gb/journals. DOI: 10.1057/s41296-017-0142-y.
- Katsambekis, G and Stavrakakis, Y (2017) Revisiting the nationalism/populism Nexus: Lessons from the Greek case, Javnost, 24(4), pp.391-408, ISSN: 1318-3222. DOI: 10.1080/13183222.2017.1330087.
- Katsambekis, G (2017) The Populist Surge in Post-Democratic Times: Theoretical and Political Challenges, Political Quarterly, 88(2), pp.202-210, ISSN: 0032-3179. Full text: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/. DOI: 10.1111/1467-923X.12317.
- Katsambekis, G (2016) Radical Left Populism in Contemporary Greece: Syriza's Trajectory from Minoritarian Opposition to Power, Constellations, 23(3), pp.391-403, ISSN: 1351-0487. Full text: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/. DOI: 10.1111/1467-8675.12234.
- Kioupkiolis, A and Katsambekis, G (2014) Radical democracy and collective movements today: The biopolitics of the multitude versus the hegemony of the people,ISBN: 9781409470526.